This morning felt like a great day to bake. I love the fall when pumpkin comes back into season. I decided to make pumpkin muffins and since there was some leftover pumpkin purée I made pumpkin pancakes, too. I based my muffin recipe from one out of the cookbook Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone by Deborah Madison:
- I left out the chopped candied ginger. Instead of butter, I used melted coconut oil.
- Instead of sweet potato, I used pumpkin.
- I had some leftover sour cream so used that instead of buttermilk. (To make these dairy free it would be easy to use ripe banana instead of buttermilk.)
- Instead of brown sugar I used coconut sugar.
- I also reduced the molasses to 1/4 cup.
- Finally, I use gluten-free flour and added a little pumpkin pie spice to the mix.
Next time I will add a teaspoon of vanilla. These muffins turned out very moist and are delicious! Enjoy!