Adapted from this recipe on Mind Body Green.
- 1½ cups rolled oats
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ginger (powdered)
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- pinch of cloves
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree. I used a Sweetmeat Squash from the garden, Heartshaven, I belong to. Just cut the squash in half, scoop out the seeds, spread a little coconut oil on, sprinkle with salt, place face down in a baking dish and bake for about 40 minutes or until tender. Allow to cool, remove the skin and puree until smooth.
- 2 tablespoons agave (or 3 tablespoons maple syrup)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Grease a bread pan with coconut oil or line with foil.
- Prepare pumpkin filling layer by blending puree with agave (or maple syrup).
- Mix all dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix all wet ingredients in a small bowl. Add in wet ingredients and stir until thoroughly mixed. Press half the mixture into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Spread the pumpkin filling evenly across the bottom layer, then top with the other half of the mixture.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the top of the crumble is lightly browned.
- Serve warm from the baking dish as a crumble, or wait until it’s completely cool and slice into bars.