This recipe is super easy and quick to put together. It just take a little planning ahead so that you have time to bake the winter squash. I find it easy and convenient to bake the squash the night before so that it’s ready to go the next day.
- 1 winter squash such as butternut, acorn, or kabocha
- coconut oil
- black beans (1 can or 1 cup dried & cooked ahead)
- onions (I used green onions)
- cumin, coriander, paprika or other spices of your choice
- 1 zucchini or other quick cooking veggie
- 1 avocado
- Bake a winter squash (Cut into chunks, rub with coconut oil & sprinkle with salt, bake at 400 for 45 min. – 1 hour or until tender, which will vary with the size and type of the squash).
- Heat up some cooked black beans. Added the chopped green onions and squash, cut into quarters and then sliced, plus the spices.
- Simmer until squash is tender and beans are hot.
- Layer tortillas with slices of avocado, the baked winter squash (reheated if need be), and the black bean mixture.
Have fun playing with this recipe and adding different ingredients depending on what you have on hand and what your taste buds enjoy!