These are super east to make and delicious!
(Adapted from Three Stone Hearth Bars)
- 7 dates (pitted)
- 10 prunes
- 5 Tbsp coconut butter
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup shredded coconut (toasted) plus another ½ cup toasted shredded coconut
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. lemon zest
- Dash of salt
- Cut dates and prunes into smaller chunks.
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor. Reserve ½ cup shredded coconut for later.
- Line a 9×9 baking dish with aluminum foil
- Sprinkle a thin layer of shredded coconut onto the foil (~¼ cup).
- Then press date mixture into the baking dish. It should be about ¼ – ½ inch thick.
- Sprinkle remaining shredded coconut on top and press it into the date mixture.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving and store in the refrigerator.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!