This recipe came to mind yesterday as I was writing about constipation and prunes. The sweetness of the prunes compliment the savory chicken wonderfully. As with most of my recipes, this one is very versatile. You can easily add potatoes and/or vegetables that roast well (carrots, parsnips, cauliflower, etc.) into the dish. True Chicken Marbella has some other ingredients such as green olives and capers. This version is very much simplified and tastes great over pretty much any whole grain. Enjoy!
- 1 ½ – 2 lbs. Chicken legs, thighs or breasts with or without the skin
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 – 4 cloves of garlic crushed
- 2 cups of prunes (~ 8 oz)
- 2 cups balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 2 cups water
- salt & pepper
- herbs (i.e. oregano, thyme, basil, rosemary, parsley)
- Place all ingredients into a large baking dish (9×12 pan works well) so that the chicken is almost completely covered by the liquid
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes
- Turn oven down to 325 degrees for another 15 or 20 minutes
Check back in tomorrow for more Maya Wellness tips!