Who knew that broccoli could be so delicious when roasted?! I’m currently in Seattle with some friends who had triplets in June. They are getting used to new routines and learning how to ask for help when needed. 🙂 Cooking has become much more challenging to do on a regular basis, so one of my gifts to them while here over the next week is to cook healthy tasty meals as often as possible. Hopefully we will be able to freeze some meals for later, too.
Tonight we decided to use up some leftover meat (chicken and fish) and roast veggies/potatoes to go along with it. This turned into a very tasty and easy meal. The recipe we made is below and could be altered to use other veggies such as beets, parsnips, winter squashes, and/or cauliflower. The broccoli was especially tasty in this as it got a bit crispy on the edges. Yummy!
Roast Veggies with Honey-Mustard-Balsamic Glaze
– 10 medium sized potatoes (we used a small bag of purple, red and white potatoes)
– 3 large carrots, cut into chunks
– Onion, cut into pieces (don’t cut too small so it doesn’t burn)
– 1 – 2 large broccoli heads
– 1/4 – 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
– Honey (maybe 2 Tbsp.)
– Mustard (about 2 Tbsp.)
– 4 Garlic cloves
– 1 tsp. salt
– 1/4 – 1/3 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix up the marinade.
- Cut up all veggies to roughly equal size (I made them into smallish bite sized pieces.)
- In a large bowl mix the veggies and marinade.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil.
- Evenly distribute the veggies onto the foil.
- Bake for 40 – 45 minutes or until tender.
- Broil for 3 minutes at very end.
- Serve and enjoy!!