This recipe is very versatile. You can use all different kinds of vegetables and different kinds of spices. Below is just one version (the one we made tonight). Have fun experimenting! I’d love to hear about versions that work out well for you.
- 2 – 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 2 – 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 – 3 celery stalks, cut into pieces
- 2 – 3 carrots, cut into small bit sized pieces
- 1 large parsnip
- 3 – 4 radishes, cut into half moon slices
- radish greens, chopped
- 1 – 2 zucchini
- 1 – 2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 – 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. Italian herbs
- dash of cinnamon
- salt to taste
- Place 2 – 3 Tbsp. olive oil in a large frying pan with the onions and begin to saute on medium heat for a few minutes.
- Add all the spices and herbs. Mix around until fragrant (~1 – 2 minutes).
- Add carrots, parsnips, celery and garlic to the pan. Stir around to coat with the spices and oil. Add about a 1/3 cup liquid (broth or water). Cover and let cook for about 3 – 4 minutes until veggies are starting to get a little softer.
- Finally add the radishes, radish greens, and zucchini. Cover and cook for another 2 – 3 minutes or until all vegetables are at the desired tenderness. Be careful to not overcook it all!
- Serve and enjoy!
Note: You can serve this dish with rice or quinoa and the protein of your choice for a wonderful complete meal. We ate it with quinoa and chicken, which were both left over from previous meals.